in the economics of entrepreneurship", Erasmus University Rotterdam,
PhD course, together with R. Thurik, bi-annually since 2012. Syllabus 2012.
- "Economics of innovation", Erasmus University Rotterdam, yearly since 2007. Syllabus 2013.
- "Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Strategy Economics", Erasmus University
Rotterdam, yearly since 2007. Course title changed over the years. Syllabus 2013.
- Research seminar "Innovation and entrepreneurship", Erasmus University Rotterdam, yearly since 2008.
- "Introduction to the economics of governance", Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2006/2007, with E. Pennings and L. Uhlaner
- "Economics of entrepreneurship", Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2006/2007, with R. Thurik
- "Small business economics", Erasmus University Rotterdam, 2006/2007, with R. Thurik
- "Seminar on innovation theory: innovation diffusion
and marketing models", Humboldt-University Berlin, SS 04, with C.
Schade and J. Gristschenko
- "Design of decision experiments", Humboldt-University Berlin, SS 04, with C. Schade and A. Schröder
- "Seminar on innovation theory: adoption and diffusion
of innovations", Humboldt-University Berlin, SS 03, with C. Schade, A.
Schröder, and J. Gristschenko
- "Introduction to macroeconomics", Humboldt-University Berlin, WS 98/99
* accepted paper, presentation cancelled
- Behavior Genetics Association (2008, 2012, 2013)
- IZA Workshop on Entrepreneurship (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Academy of Management Annual Meeting (2005, 2006, 2007*, 2008*, 2009*, 2013)
- European Economic Association (2006, 2007*, 2008, 2012)
- Integrating Genetics and Social Sciences Conference, U. Colorado (2012)
- HEC Workshop on Entrepreneurship (2009, 2012)
- EURAM (2012)
- European Congress of Psychology (2011)
- NeuroPsychoEconomics Conference (2011)
- Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (2011)
- EARIE (2006*, 2007*, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Southern Economics Association (2010)
- RENT - Research in Entrepreneurship and Small Business (2009, 2010)
- Econometric Society North American Summer Meeting (2009)
- Games - Game Theory Society World Congress (2008)
- Econometric Society Australasia (2006)
- Young entrepreneurship scholars RETREAT (2006)
- Verein fuer Socialpolitik (2004, 2005)
- G-Forum Förderkreis Gründungsforschung (2005)
- INFORMS Annual Conference (2003, 2004)
- GEM Research Conference (2004)
Invited research presentations
- U Trier, Betriebswirtschaftliches Forschungskolloqium, May 2013.
- U Bonn, Center for Economics and Neuroscience Seminar, Nov 2012.
- King's College London, Behavioral Genetics Seminar, Oct 2012.
- University of Zurich, Behavioral and Experimental Economics Seminar, Sept 2012.
- 3rd workshop of the Social Science Genetic Association Consortium, Reykjavik, Iceland, May 2012.
- European Science Foundation Standing Committee for the Social Sciences, workshop on understanding collaboration between the life sciences and the social sciences, London, UK, March 2012.
- 2nd workshop of the Social Science Genetic Association Consortium, Los Angeles, USA, Oct 2011
- WHU Koblenz, Germany, Oct 2011
- Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands, Oct 2011
- Workshop to explore the feasibility of a Social Science Genetic Association Consortium, Boston, USA, Feb 2011
- Southern Methodist University, USA, Sep 2010
- Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Germany, Sep 2010
- Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin), Dec 2008, Dec 2009
- Research Institute of Industrial Economics (IFN) Stockholm, Sweden, Nov 2009
- Imperial College, London, UK, May 2009
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Department Applied Econoimcs, Research Seminar, April 2008
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Research Seminar Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Feb 2008
- EIM Research Seminar, Zoetermeer, April 2007
- Humboldt Research Seminar, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Dec 2006
- Max-Planck-Institute Jena for Research into Economic
Systems, Institute Seminar, October 2005
- 5th Anniversary of the SAP-Institute for
Entrepreneurial Studies and Innovation Management at
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, July 2005
- Max-Planck-Institute Jena for Research into Economic Systems, Institute Seminar, June 2005
- First Annual Haniel Kreis, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Jan 2005
- Gründungsprofessorium, Berlin, June 2003
Public and policy oriented presentations
Supervision of PhD students
- European Commission, Brussels, Feb 2012, Innogrips workshop on high-growth SMEs
- German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs, Berlin, Oct 2006
- German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Fachgespräch Innovationsforschung und IKT, Bonn, 02nd Feb. 2006
- European Trend Chart Conference on e-Business and Innovation, Brussels, on behalf of the European Commission, May 2005
- DIW Berlin, Workshop on e-Business in manufacturing industries: A source of competitive advantage? 11th May 2005
- E-business Watch event 2004: E-Business Implications for Productivity and Competitiveness, Brussels, July 2004.
- DIW Berlin, Workshop E-Commerce Impacts Revisited, Jan. 2004
- IDATE Conference, Montpellier, Nov. 2003
PhD committee member
- Matthijs van der Loos (2008 - 2013)
- Niels Rietveld (2010 - 2014)
- Aysu Okbay (2012 - 2016)
- Ronald de Vlaming (2013 - 2017)
- Antonio Golpe (University of Huelva, 2009)
- Thais Rizzi (Free University Amsterdam, 2013)
- Sander Hoogendoorn (University of Amsterdam, 2013)
- Anisa Shyti (HEC Paris)